The Summary Offences Act 1981 replaced the old Police Offences Act 1928.
We provide you with a direct link . . . .
We also provide you with a direct link to the Government legislation site where you can look up ALL Acts of Parliament and Regulations and Rules. An Act is also known as a Statute. A Regulation is also sometimes known as a Rule. This Government legislation site is still going through some teething problems. But you will be able to access all legislation and find specific Acts and Rules and individual sections.
Local & Private Acts
The Act covers all of the following offences plus some more.
- Offensive behaviour or language and disorderly behaviour.
- Associating with convicted thieves.
- Fighting in a public place.
- Common assault.
- Assault on police.
- Wilful damage - now known as intentional damage.
- Possession of burglary tools.
- Seeking donations by false pretence.
- Acting as a medium with intent to deceive.
- Publishing false notice of birth, marriage or death.
- Imitation of court documents.
- Imitation of official documents.
- False claim of qualification.
- False allegation or report to the police.
- Indecent exposure.
You should note that, from time to time, there have been Amendments to the principal Act.
For example, in 1999 a summary offence was added making it an offence to publish a document explaining the manufacture of explosives and other such matters.
In 1989 a new offence of disorderly assembly was inserted. In 1986 a new offence in relation to possession of a knife in a public place was added.
.....The first part of this topic has been displayed free of charge. Join up for $45 to have access to this and all other topics!