Members Area


Judges - Complaints about Judges

 Select Topic
 Related Topics



Sometimes you are really brassed off at the way you have been treated by a Judge.   He or she might be unbelievably rude or worse.


If you think the decision is wrong, then you have to go through the normal channels of Appeal.  We have a specialist topic on Appeals. 




But if you have been insulted, or treated badly, or if you think there has been some judicial impropriety – then now you can do something about it!


The relevant law and procedure is contained in the Judicial Conduct Commissioner and Judicial Conduct Panel Act 2004.

This Act provides a way for people to complain about the conduct of a Judge and to have those complaints assessed. 


The first part of this topic has been displayed free of charge. Join up for $45 to have access to this and all other topics!

Feedback / Reviews / Blogs on this topic
"But what would they do? It will only be like the police investigating themselves. You only have to go into the Auckland Courts and see the way the white Judges treat poor and unemployed people as well as Islanders and Maoris. Everytime I see that movie "In pursuit of Happyness" I think of the Auckland scene. (name withheld)"
Feedback/Blogs/Reviews from related topic: Appeals
"Precisely what I wanted. Cheryl G. Rotorua - May 2007"
Feedback/Blogs/Reviews from related topic: Appeals
"I found this interesting. I want to sue for punitive damages and I was interested to learn that our courts are pretty conservative. I think the Welfare have quite wrongly taken my kids and I have found out that the affidavit they gave to a Judge to get an order to uplift them was known to the Welfare to be incorrect. They told the Judge that I had drug convictions but when I found out 5 months ago that they thought that I proved then to them that this was untrue yet I have now found that they have still put this false evidence in an affidavit. But they have also told other people about my "drug convictions". You have to watch these people. (name witheld) - May 2007"
Feedback/Blogs/Reviews from related topic: Appeals
"can i make a complaint if a barrister acting for an applicant for child custody completely and utterly overrides and ignores sworn affidavits by the respondent bulldozes her ignorance through the family court and is so negilent she gets away with it we are at a loss how this can happen how can we have our allegations investigated??"
"Hi Netlaw, I am not sure if this is the right place to ask the following but here goes:

My brother is looking for the best possible family court/criminal lawyer/solicitor that legal aid can buy. He’s looking for a lawyer who will go ‘all out’ for him, advocate strongly on his (and his children’s)behalf and provide desperately needed advice/counsel. This lawyer must also be willing, eager and able to take up a challenge and defend my brother against a breach of a protection order.

A big ask we know (especially since legal aid is mentioned), but we are hoping that some of you gentlemen may know of such lawyers? Or someone who knows someone who might? Is there a contact list, website etc of such lawyers/solicitors that you could direct us to please? We live in Wellington but will canvass New Zealand to find such a person.

We are is running out of time, hence this urgent plea to you all. We would be truly grateful if you can find the time to reply or point us in the right direction.

Many thanks in advance

Feedback/Blogs/Reviews from related topic: Appeals
"I'm making an enquiry on behalf of a relative who is paying child support for a person who is in his mid 30s now, the inland revenue who he is making these payments to told me it is not child support it is spouse support payments and he needs to go back to court to have the order changed. Who do we call now as he is not on a good income and should qualify for legal aid.

Netlaw replies: Yes, Spousal Maintenance is different from Child Support. The Family Court deals with Spousal maintenance but the IRD (Child Support Division) deals with kid's maintenance. Choose any family court lawyer and if he earns less than about $33,000 he should get legal aid."

 Select Topic
 Related Topics